The other day I came across a press release that recommended 200 words councils shouldn’t use in trying to communicate their messages.
They included the following classics (suggested alternative in brackets):
- Blue sky thinking (thinking up ideas)
- Cross-fertilisation (spreading ideas)
- Coterminosity (all singing from the same hymn)
- Seedbed (idea)
- Horizon scanning (Why use at all?)
- Predictors of Beaconicity (Why use at all?)
- Thinking outside of the box (Why use at all?)
- Contestability (Why use at all?)
It got me thinking. What will be the Christian equivalent words…?
And even though this should go without saying: it’s just for fun, guys!