The fallout over my ‘Hit Your Friend Hard’ (blog below) yesterday (imported from the official UKG WordPress blog into my Facebook profile) was so much that today I’m giving you guys some light relief…
It’s a television advert. A very efficient, attention grabbing one at that.
Nothing to do with the UK gospel scene, but it’s currently one of my favourite TV things for a number of reasons.
It’s a fantastic way to:
- differentiate your product in a crowded market
- get your message across in less than 30 seconds
- create instantly memorable characters
- build a sustainable marketing campaign (this is the second in the series, I think)
And before you scoff, a few sobering facts:
- As I write this, Alexandr the Meerkat now has 278,415 fans on Facebook (not to mention the other pointless fun groups springing up around him)
- His official group has 5,106 members
They’re selling insurance, for goodness’ sake!